The National Fraud Agency is launching a new campaign, called Cyber Streetwise.
This aims to give us all some essential tips to to help keep our important information safe online.
Most of the population are not doing enough to protect themselves online!
You can read more about the campaign at www.cyberstreetwise.com.
Adopting a few simple online behaviours can help keep you and your family safer, such as:
- Using strong, memorable passwords.
- Installing anti-virus software on new devices.
- Checking privacy settings on social media.
- Shopping safely online – always ensuring to check online retail sites are secure.
- Downloading software and the application of patches when prompted.
- Do have a look at the website, www.cyberstreetwise.com.