Crime prevention advice in respect of caravans and trailers Immobilise your caravan, even if only stopping for a short time.
- A large number of caravans are stolen annually from service areas.
- Use hitch locks, heavy-duty chains, good quality padlocks with a short shackle, locking wheel nuts/wheel clamps.
- Consider securing each corner leg.
- Lock the gas compartment or padlock the cylinders to fixing clamps
- Consider fitting a tracking device. - The likelihood of recovering your caravan in a short period of time is greatly increased.