We continue to have thefts and burglaries
The police work hard to catch the offenders but please remain vigilant and do everything you can to make your home safer.
What can you do?
It's important to make your home as protected as possible to ensure that it is a safe place
- Make sure all points of entry to your home or property have locks.
- If you have multi-locking door handles, lift the handle, lock it with the key and remove it - LIFT - LOCK - REMOVE.
- Put keys in a safe place out of sight in case of fire.
- Make sure you lock up before going to bed at night.
- Don't leave your keys in doors and windows or hanging within easy reach of the front door.
- When you leave the property, no matter for how long, make sure that entry points are all locked.
- Windows that are left insecure or partially open are often used as a means of entry into your home.
- Think about further security measures - a fence, burglar alarm or security lights likely to deter burglars. They can also decrease your insurance payments.
- To help you feel secure when answering your door, fit a spy hole so you can see who is calling. You should also fit a door chain.
- Don't let anyone into the property that you feel unsure about, and always ask to see identification if they don't have any, do not let them in.